Mentoring for Dads
Fathers are encouraged to participate with mothers in our Life Steps program; however, dads have needs that are specific to them, so having a male mentor from whom one can obtain advice or just a "listening ear" can be invaluable. Whether meeting with a mentor at the PRC itself or chatting and/or sending texts/emails back and forth, this program is designed to be flexible in content and scheduling.
If interested in obtaining more details about arranging for a mentor, either contact our Client Services Manager (email; 801-363-5433) or ask your Client Advocate during an appointment here at the center.
Additionally, dads who have been assigned a mentor can request detailed information or to take a lesson about;
- The roles that dads fill
- Being a positive role model
- The importance of spending effective and healthy time with children
- Why treating my child's mother with respect is vital
- The "Big Ideas" of discipline
- The importance of being a consistent father